Monday, November 14, 2016

Kevin Durant to Oakland!
Article by: Bernie
I love good competition, don't you? 10 amazing athletes going at it with every bone in their body. The dedication and heart shows, and only those with the most of that, are victorious. 

The NBA has killed some of that feeling. There is little wonder of who will win in many playoff series'. When I was younger, I remember I rarely missed watching a single celtics game, now I will watch maybe the NBA finals. It's because there is no longer wonder for me. Even if a team wins a game, we already know who's winning the finals. It has made me less intrigued to the game every year. In recent years, it's always been Lebron's team in the east and Steph Curry's team in the west. If Golden State, Miami and Cleveland dropped some of their players, for example Dwyane WadeKyrie IrvingKlay ThompsonKevin Love or J.R Smith, teams like Toronto, Boston, Dallas, Charlotte or Houston would become more valuable contenders in the league, making the season, especially the post season, much more exhilarating. The worst has been in the recent months, when Kevin Durant relocated to Oakland. Oakland already had every piece of the puzzle, all they needed was a little more heart. They took the easy route. They took Kevin Durant.


It was a bad move on both KD's part, and the Warriors, Durant and the Thunder had just lost a very tight West Coast Finals to the Warriors. After the season was over, Durant had the idea to go play for the team that just beat him. Not fight his heart out to destroy them. That is the moment I lost all hope for NBA competition. I thought it was a bright move that KD wanted to go to another franchise, Westbrook and him are both dominant scorers, together, not exactly teamwork. I was excited because I thought Durant could move to a city that really needed him, and create another team that could compete for the title, making the league yet more amusing. But no. Now, if the Warriors lose one game, everybody is going to go crazy. It shouldn't be like that, I think Adam Silver should make some changes to make the league 'fun' again. Input? Leave it in the comment section, Thank You!  

No comments:

Post a Comment